Shed Those Extra Inches With Calorie-free Sweeteners
The worst of all temptations can be sugar. There is no denying that everything tastes so much better with sugar. However, added sugar is bad for your health and remains the biggest problem.
The option to permanently avoid sugar is entirely up to you, but what if you can still enjoy your favourite sweet food without adding sugar? Yes, we are all aware that there are healthy, natural alternatives to sugar that offer the same sweetness without posing any health risks. One of these alternatives is a sugar-free sweetener.
What Are Natural Sweeteners?
Natural sweeteners are sugar replacements with a flavour identical to sugar but much fewer calories. Do not equate artificial and natural sweeteners, though. Today’s market promotes self-proclaimed sweeteners made primarily of sucralose, aspartame, and refined white sugar. They are also undoubtedly not organic and sugar-free.
Due to consumers’ increased attention to their health over the past ten years, the trend of naturally derived and no-sugar sweeteners has increased significantly. Sweeteners help to enhance flavour and satisfy the taste palate of users.
Benefits of Natural Sweeteners
- Organic sugar-free sweetener is appropriate for those trying to control their weight because they contain no calories. But for every teaspoon of sugar you take, you receive approximately 16 calories, which is a significant number.
- Calorie-free sweetener is healthier relative to the number of calories you take when eating a refined sugar product. Natural sweeteners can considerably enhance your health and help you maintain a healthy weight, which is highly important.
- Natural calorie-free sweeteners don’t contain carbohydrates as sugary products do. Thus your blood glucose level won’t get altered. It’s vital to discuss using natural sweeteners with your doctor and the healthy alternatives you have.
- These sugar-free syrups may be the answer you’ve been looking for to manage your diabetes by providing you with an alternative to sugar, which negatively impacts your health.
- You might be shocked to learn that many artificial sweeteners undergo incredibly minimal food processing processes, which prevents using chemicals. But organically derived calorie-free sweeteners are very safe and healthy.
Why Should You Give Up Refined Sugar?
A diet high in processed sugars can cause various health problems, ranging from obesity and gastrointestinal issues to more serious medical conditions, including cardiovascular disease and Type 2 diabetes. However, by concentrating on lowering your sugar intake or quitting sugar altogether, these problems can be mitigated and, in some instances, even reversed.
- Eating more sugar can result in mood swings, cravings, and that all-too-familiar energy collapse, frequently prompting us to go for more sugar to perk us back up. Your energy levels, cognition, and ability to focus better can all be greatly improved by concentrating on a balanced diet and cutting out refined sugar.
- When you consume sugar, it converts to glucose, which is chemically identical to vitamin C. However, suppose you consume too much of it. In that case, your body may take up glucose instead of the required vitamin C, limiting your immune system response, which can promote the transmission of infection.
- Giving up sugar will strengthen your immune system and reduce your risk of developing chronic inflammation, which can boost your body’s resistance to illnesses like the flu and the common cold.
- Although sugar alone does not cause distress or other mental illnesses, a solid scientific correlation exists between high sugar intake and these conditions.
- Sugar can also make it harder for you to handle stress. Not only can cutting back on sugar lessen the symptoms of these illnesses, but it can also lift your spirits and alleviate restlessness and worry.
Best Choices in the Market
There are lots of choices in the market. But it is important not to confuse artificial sweeteners with natural sweeteners. Health & Glow has a great assortment of trusted products for you to pick from.
Using fresh or frozen fruit ranks as the best approach to flavour your food and beverages. Fruit is a perfect sweetener because it doesn’t contain any added sugars.
Consider adding berries to plain Greek yoghurt, adding bananas or apples to oatmeal for sweetness, and adding frozen fruit to smoothies for sweetness. Another choice is to include natural flavourings like cocoa powder, cinnamon, clove, and vanilla or almond extract.
Stevia-based sugar-free sweeteners might be the cleanest sweeteners out of all the natural and healthy options accessible because stevia is a natural sweetener made from the Stevia plant’s leaves. Artificial sweeteners made from stevia provide a plethora of health advantages. Stevia sweeteners or calorie-free sweeteners assist people in drastically regulating their weight because they have no or few calories. Stevia sweeteners make food taste sweet like sugar without contributing any sugar calories.
It can be challenging to stop eating sugar. You might feel withdrawal symptoms, such as mood swings, anxiety, weariness, and headaches. The good news is that much of the damage caused by sugar can be reversed or even prevented in a relatively short amount of time.