When there’s a heatwave, it can be torturous to get a peaceful nights sleep. Here at We Buy Any House, we have compiled our top tips on how to sleep in a heatwave.
Before You Go to Bed:
Before you go to bed, there is a ritual of things you can do to ensure that you prepare yourself for a better night’s sleep. Here are a few things you can do before bed in order to make your pre-bedtime routine improve your night’s sleep. These things include:
- Have a lukewarm or cool bath before you go to bed. By doing this, you can reduce your body temperature, therefore making yourself feel cooler before you go to bed.
- Another great hack is after you have had a shower, then spray yourself with a mist bottle spray that is filled with water. After this, stand in front of a fan and this will significantly reduce your core temperature.
- By soaking your feet in cool water, this is a good way to keep cool. Most of us don’t know this, but we lose a lot of our heat from our feet and our heads during extreme weather. Therefore, putting your feet in cold water or alternatively, putting a cold flannel on your head is a good way to cool down the temperature from your head.
How to Keep Your Room Cool:
Sleeping in the heat can be somewhat of a nightmare when the weather is hot. Therefore, it’s a good idea to prepare your room before you go to bed. Here are a few ways you can keep your room cool:
- Try to sleep in the coolest part of your house. Even if this happens to not be in your bedroom, it’s a good idea to find a dark and cool place to sleep instead.
- Remove any winter bedding that may be causing your sleeping space to get hotter.
- If you share a bed with a partner who makes you feel hotter, then it’s a good idea to try and sleep in separate spaces as this way you may find it easier to sleep.
- Make sure there is proper ventilation in your room by adding a fan and ensuring that doors are open so you can have a cooler room.
Things to Avoid:
There are a few things you should look to avoid if you are trying to get some sleep in the heat. These things include:
- Doing exercise before bed, as this will make your internal temperature rise. If you are going to do exercise before bed, then it’s important to do it a while before you go to bed, as this will allow your core temperature to cool down.
- Avoid any spicy food or meals that are heavy before bed, as this can make it harder to digest and therefore harder for you to sleep peacefully.
This article was written by a quick house sale company We Buy Any House. If you’re wondering “how can I sell my house quickly?”, head to the We Buy Any House website for more information relating to all property related enquiries.