Hot Air Oven is used in the process of dry heat sterilization. This technique is a manually processed technique for inserting and removing objects. In dry heat sterilization, you can control and eliminate microorganisms. Microorganisms are killed at a higher temperature between 160-180 degrees C. In addition, it requires exposure time based on the temperature operated. Read about Points to know about Hot air ovens below in detail.
The dry heat benefits us in two ways – it can penetrate easily and does not corrode. The benefits of dry heat ensure that it is helpful for sterilization. And it can sterilize things like glassware, non-aqueous thermostable powders, metal surgical instruments, and non-aqueous thermostable liquids.
Hot air oven manufacturers India made hot air ovens that appeal to incredibly high temperatures to kill microorganisms like bacteria and toxic organisms for sufficient hours.
Dry heat can destroy bacterial pyrogens or toxic microorganisms. But these microorganisms are not easy to kill by other means or methods, and this capability makes it practical to sterilize the glass bottles filled aseptically.
The heating particle of the Hot Air Oven is fitted at the bottom of the oven. The hot air inside the chamber is circulated uniformly by electric fans.
Hot Air Oven manufacturers India design various devices for sterilization purposes that are helpful in many ways for industrial sectors.
Introducing Hot Air Oven
The first person on earth to introduce Hot Air Oven was Pasteur. He invented the Hot air oven to sterilize the products. It makes use of the principle named dry heat sterilization.
Various Laboratories and Industries make use of this method of sterilization to kill microorganisms inside the articles. This device can opt for heating temperature starting from 50 degrees upto 300 degrees Celsius, between 122 to 572 degrees Fahrenheit.
This device can control the temperature using a component of the Hot Air Oven which is a Thermostat. The thermostat can control the temperature, which is displayed digitally. Hence, the device has double-wall construction inside it. This construction helps the heat to sustain longer and makes the device reliable.
Hot air oven manufacturers India design Hot air ovens due to their reliability and consistency. They are also cost-effective and also provide us with quick-drying operations.
Various means of killing microorganisms
Dry heat is a method that kills microorganisms by various means such as,
● Protein denaturation
● Applying toxic effects because of increased levels of electrolytes
Parts of the Hot Air Oven
The parts or components in the hot air oven consists of,
● An insulated chamber that surrounds an outer case having electric heaters
● A fan
● Door locking controls
● Temperature sensor
The working principle in Hot Air Oven
The actual pressure of air convection in a hot air oven’s power-dried inner chamber depends on the processing principle. The uniform heat inside the chamber is because of the double-walled construction and an automated control system of the unit.
The quick recovery time and the perfect sequence of operations lead to the door opening after completing the process appropriately. Hence, this type of device is well-known for its cost-effective policy. It best suits the mild heating and drying method of primary articles or substances.
Tips for operating a Hot Air Oven
● Firstly, wrap or enclose the articles for sterilization.
● Wrap or enclose it using containers of aluminum, paper, or cardboard.
● Organize the materials and make sure there is no airflow interruption.
● If the materials have poor heating conductivity, preheat the oven priorly.
● After inserting the articles, the temperature is set to 40 degrees Celsius for sterilization.
● Once sterilization is over and when the temperature falls to 0 degrees C, remove the sterilized material.
Pros of Hot Air Oven
● This type of sterilization kills pyrogens or endotoxins. Hence, all other methods cannot do this type of sterilization of killing toxic organisms.
● Instruments used in this process are protected by sharp or cutting edges.
● This sterilization method removes wet pack problems during humid weather.
● The dry heat sterilization method uses the dry heating procedure to sterilize laboratory and industrial products.
● The thermal efficiency of the device is due to inner and outer wall maintenance.
● The insulation of the chamber protects the oven from overheating and burning.
● Thus, the Dry heat sterilization method of the Hot Air Oven does not leave any chemical residue.
Cons of Hot Air Oven
● The materials like plastics and rubber cannot afford dry heat sterilization because of their low strength, and hence they cannot withstand high temperatures.
● This method of dry heat sterilization consumes more time.
● The sterilization method can enter materials but slowly and unequally.
● Once the electricity is not available, the oven cannot work. It requires a continuous flow of power for the operation.
● Before spotting the glasswares inside the chamber for dry heat,
● You need to clean and dry the glassware completely.
● After drying, you need to lock test tubes with cotton or wool.
● Wrap or enclose the glasswares with cardboard or aluminum or with paper.
● Maintain the average load balance.
● Overloading of products can lead to extra time for sterilization.
● Overloading changes Heat convection inside the chamber.
● Ensure there is a free flow of air between the glasswares.
● The materials you use to wrap or enclose should be absorbent; simultaneously, they should have the capacity to not allow microorganisms and dust particles in them.
In labs, the glass cylinders or flasks use covers like nylon, glass syringes, aluminum foil, glass pipettes use covers like plugged ends, glass bottles use covers like aluminum tops, and glass test tubes use covers like glass or aluminum Petri dishes, metal needles, forceps, lancets, etc. These are all safe to use in labs for ovens.
Hot air oven manufacturers India have made things easier for industries and laboratories, fulfilling their needs by using Hot air ovens.
Thus, in this article, we have discussed all Hot Air Ovens. Hot air ovens are suitable for various industrial and laboratory purposes. You should handle this device carefully to avoid any damages. People who have learned about hot air ovens are only allowed to operate this device. Hope you love reading about Points to know about Hot air ovens.
Please share “Points to know about Hot air ovens – Special Guide on Zone Diary” with friends and family.
Michael Caine is the Owner of this website and also the founder of ANO Digital (Most Powerful Online Content Creator Company),
from the USA, studied MBA in 2012, love to play games,
write content in different categories.