A folder is a directory in Mac OS X which contains the files and folders. A password can be assigned to any folder on your computer to protect it from unauthorized access. If you want to protect a particular important file or documents in Windows, then we can use Encrypting File System (EFS). EFS provides full volume encryption and protection of entire drive including file names, file extensions, meta data etc. But, there’s no such feature like EFS in macOS (previously called Mac OS X) for whole volume encryption.
But still we have some options to make folders password protected in Mac OS X; here I’m going to show one of them. This method makes an encrypted disk image with AES 256-bit encryption, and then uses that disk image to store the files and folders.
So, let’s begin:
1. First of all we need a folder which we want to protect from unauthorized access – so I’ve created one on my Desktop called “Password Protected”. As you can see in below screenshot, it contains important documents and data. You can choose any folder as per your convenience.
2. Now, download Disk Utility software which is available free from Mac App Store via this link for Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan or Software Update for previous versions of Mac OS X from here . Install it using the downloaded “.dmg” file as usual by following on screen instructions (see screenshot). If you already have it installed, then no need to install it again.
3. Launch Disk Utility and choose ” New Image “, a disk image file (.dmg) will be saved on your Desktop as a result of this operation.
4. Now from menu bar select ” Images > Mount “
5. Select the disk image which we created on our desktop previously i.e Password Protected .dmg file and click open.
6. Enter password to protect the contents of this encrypted disk image – I’ve entered “password” (without quotes). You can enter any password of your choice – This password is different than Mac OS X login user account password:
7. Now, go to the ” Password Protected “.dmg file on your desktop and click on the small eject icon next to this disk image.
8. This will mount the contents of this disk image i.e Password Protected folder on your Desktop , you can see it in Finder windows under Devices section.
9. And now, drag and drop all files which you want to protect from unauthorized access into the mounted “Password Protected” folder.
10. That’s it – Finally go to the original “Password Protected” folder on your desktop, right click on it and choose Eject as mentioned in step no-8 above. Now you can see only one Password Protected .dmg file on your Desktop which contains all contents of the Password Protected folder which we have created initially – This means the protection is successful.
You must be wondering how anyone can access those encrypted files available inside the “.dmg” file without knowing password? In order to access those files you should firstly mount that “.dmg” file as shown in step 3 and then double click on Password Protected .dmg file on your desktop, finally hit the Enter key when prompted for password to access all files stored in that encrypted disk image.
Recommended Article 1
Recommended Article 2
Recommended Article 3
Recommended Article 4
Recommended Article 5
Recommended Article 6
Recommended Article 7
Recommended Article 8
Recommended Article 9
Recommended Article 10
Phone Repair Stores Explain Reasons Why your Device Heats up
One of the most common issues that mobile users have with their devices is that it heats up more often than usual. If you face this problem, you should take the gadget to a phone repair store. The technicians there will know the reasons for heating up and what precautions the users should follow to prevent this from happening.
Reasons Why Devices Heat Up According to a Phone Repair Store
When you take your device to a repair shop for diagnosis, the technicians will try to find out if one of the following points is the reason for the device to heat up.
You are Continuously Using the Mobile Device
Many individuals have jobs that continuously use gadgets, especially mobile phones. This is one of the main causes of the mobile heating up. These people are constantly using the battery, CPU, and screen that can heat the phone.
Taking Photos and Making Videos Without Breaks
Many people think that they can use the camera to take plenty of pictures and shoot videos without breaks. It will not heat the phone, but you are using all three parts the CPU, battery, and screen.
A Virus attacks Electronic Gadget
Many viruses will keep the app running in the background despite you shutting it down. This will either drain up your battery or cause the device to heat up, as explained by the mechanics at a cell phone repair store in Sacramento.
Blockage in the Device Ventilation
The ventilation system in the mobile keeps the devices cool. When this system is blocked or malfunctions, the cell phone will start heating. The technicians at the repair stores like Hot Tech Repair will look into the reasons for this blockage.
Internal Functions are Damaged
When mobile users accidentally drop the device on the floor or in water, the internal functions are damaged. This is also a major reason why the mobile will heat up more often than usual.
Screen Brightness is Always High
Many people prefer to have the brightness of their mobile devices on a higher level. According to them, they cannot see when the brightness is low. This will cause the battery to be damaged and cause the device to heat up.
Downloaded Games with High Graphics
The consequences of playing games with high graphics are that it increases the CPU, battery, and screen usage; which is the main cause of the device’s heating.
What to do to Avoid the Heating up?
The mobile users don’t have to worry as a few things do that will ensure that the device will not heat up and you can use it without worrying.
1. It will be best to take ten to fifteen minutes breaks between using your mobile devices.
2. It would help if you only kept those apps open that you are using. All other unnecessary apps must be closed.
3. If you want to play games, ensure that their graphics are the lowest.
4. It would help if you never left the cell phone in the sunlight.
According to technicians at a phone repair store, these are why your mobile devices will heat up and what should be done to avoid heating up.
Why Do You Need to Get Smart Plugs for Your Home
Smart homes are one of the most significant technological advances of our time. They have made life easier and more convenient for us. Many mundane chores in our life that require a lot of physical effort have been taken over by them. Smart plugs are one of these devices that, once linked to your socket and appliances, assist us in our daily chores. They can be connected to smart devices like the Honeywell WiFi Smart Color Thermostat to make our daily lives easier and more convenient. Smart plugs have numerous advantages. Let’s take a look at them!
Celebrations Are Fun
If you enjoy having people over for parties and decorating your home with lights during celebrations, you may not want to deal with the inconvenience of turning them on and off during the festivities. All you need is an app on your phone to operate smart plugs. You may program your smart plugs to turn on and off at specific times, and they will do so. Most of the time, you want your lights on in the evening and early hours of the night. When it’s time to go to bed at midnight, though, the last thing you want to do is get out of bed and turn out the lights.
Smart plugs allow you to accomplish this from the comfort of your bed with a simple tap on your phone. It’s also a good idea if you’re easily distracted, as you can forget to switch them on or off. In that situation, your phone’s notifications will serve as a reminder. You could also group the lights on one plugboard and link it to the smart plug, then program them to turn on at specific times.
Savings on Energy
Your home’s energy consumption is a significant factor. Most appliances use a lot of energy, even if you aren’t aware of it. You may have seen this as well, but you may not know how to operate your appliances in such a way that they save energy. A smart plug can be used to monitor a device’s electricity use. This may appear to be a hassle, and you may believe you need one for each gadget, but you only need one smart plug to monitor the energy usage of one device at a time. In this manner, you can keep track of the device’s energy usage and control it properly.
If you want to save money, you should hunt for replacements for the most expensive items. In case you keep your smart plug connected to the device, you may also turn it off so it does not consume any power when it is in standby mode.
Better Ambience and Atmosphere
After a long day at work, we frequently yearn to return home to a comfortable temperature. When we can’t get out of bed in the morning because the temperature is too warm, we wish that the heater would switch off on its own so we could get out of bed and not be late for work. It’s also a lot of work to create the ideal atmosphere and setting in the house before the visitors come. You may also want to spoil your parents when they return home after a stressful day, but you are unable to do so due to work obligations.
Installing a smart plug that you can turn on and off remotely at your leisure and according to your needs is the solution to the problem. You may program your fans, air conditioners, and heaters to turn on and off based on the seasons in your location, even when you are not at home. This means you can have a comfortable temperature in your home before going to work, when waking up, and when you return home. You can entertain visitors and provide a nice setting for them, and you can occasionally spoil your parents while they wait for you to get home from work.
Keep Your House Safe
When we go on vacation, we frequently create an ambiance in our homes that someone is present by putting on lights or having the fans open. The smart plug facilitates this by allowing you to connect it to a bulb near the window.
You can now set timers and schedules for when you want the lamp to turn on, giving the appearance that the occupants are at home. As a result, you can travel without having to worry about unneeded security concerns.
Kids Will Enjoy It
It can be difficult to convince your children to stay at home and complete their schoolwork. Even if you are tired of establishing video game schedules, your children may still be playing video games when it is time for schoolwork. After they get home from school, you can utilize smart plugs to set a timetable for them. Then, instead of watching TV or playing video games, they will focus on their homework. You can turn off the lights before their bedtime so that they have a healthy sleep schedule. Consecutively, their screen time will also be reduced. This simple device can aid in the installation of discipline and a routine in your child’s routine.
In recent years, smart plugs have grown in popularity. This is due to the advantages they have. However, it takes a lot of time and money to have smart devices and other appliances in your home. Since these devices are expensive, it’s also important to look after them.
All want to recognize approximately RCD testing out
Trying out is the interaction of securely stumbling your RCD to make sure it’ll work unexpectedly if there is an electrical occurrence. This is otherwise known as health switch checking out. Your RCD is intended to out or switch off all of the potentials to that circuit. RCDs and the capable professional testing your RCD may have the option to determine if your RCD is stumbling hastily sufficient. The quicker an RCD trips, the more modest the electrical stun supported through a person.
- Press button checking out of your RCD is likewise wanted beneath requirements on a 6 month to month foundation. This will be finished by the conscious workforce component or with the aid of the professional you’re drawing in to complete electrical well-being offerings.
- Compact RCDs can appear to be large energy boards or have one electric plug. They do, however, have an internal RCD with a view to out ought any spillage from the circuit happen even as getting used.
- Versatile RCD testing units are prescribed to be utilized while utilizing any device inner or out of doors. These gadgets are meant to trip in a restriction of 30 milliseconds and will, in all likelihood, save you from electric stun.
- Certainly, your compact RCD should be attempted to ensure that it’s going to react, to say the least and that it’ll likewise react within the necessary length. Need to it no longer outing in the essential time, a dangerous and extensive electric stun is probably conveyed.
- RCDs and ELCBs are normally referred to as protection Switches. These gadgets can be suited to your distribution board or can be flexible. They display the development of energy thru your website. They should anomalies associated with electric powered stun/electric surprise be identified, and the unit will prevent power directly to restriction damage.
- It’s miles very primary for electric circuits in enterprise and mechanical systems to be unprotected by protection switches. Ought to difficulty in an electrical device while it’s miles related to an attachment outlet that is not secured via an RCD, a real or deadly electric-powered stun should happen. Suppose you do not have an RCD guarantee in your work surroundings. In that case, ATS strongly prescribes you attract a licensed electrical technician to introduce RCDs across all circuits to your working environment.
- An RCD testing out is an abbreviation for Residual modern-day device. They can, in instances, be called ELCBs or protection Switches.
- An RCD monitors the development of power thru the circuit it is appended to. Need to any anomalies associated with the conveyance of an electric-powered stun or lethal electric shock be distinguished with the aid of the RCD, the unit will come near the ability to the circuit fast to restriction injury.
- An RCD is a life-saving device, but it would not wipe out the danger of electrical stun. It should be tried to make sure its miles operate within the protection standards.
Indeed. Your RCD ought to be attempted and labeled according to AS/NZS 3760:2010 to ensure that it’ll react in an improper condition and likewise react within the vital length. have to it now, not tour within the necessary time a deadly and huge electric stun might be conveyed.
Online Tools & Services11 months ago
Why You Need to Avoid Responsive Web Design
Software Tools9 months ago
office.com/setup: Microsoft Office 365 setup Complete Guide
Gifts8 months ago
How to choose a perfect gift for your partner?
Editing Tools1 year ago
10 Best Online Video Converters for Everyone – Editing Tools
Editing Tools1 year ago
18 Online Video Editing Tools for Free in 2021 – Editing Tools
Editing Tools1 year ago
10 Best Online Video Compressors of all Time – Editing Tools
Technology11 months ago
Rapidgator premium link generator 1gb
Software Tools9 months ago
How to reinstall Webroot Antivirus Step-by-Step Guide