This article is for how to reinstall webroot if you want to know the complete process read the article below:-
Right from the beginning years of the world getting closer to the computer, terms like a virus, worms, malware, etc. have been a matter of talk between tech experts as well as the common people who used computers. These programs in the initial days were created mostly as a form of pranks or other experiments. They were designed in such a way that they could travel from one device to another automatically and creating copies of themselves. But, as the years passed by, such programs grew more and more harmful. Nowadays, such programs are capable enough to delete files from your device, do harmful changes, steal your information or even spy on your activity.
Antivirus Software plays an important role in stopping the virus from getting into your system and damaging it. Many applications like Webroot are designed to detect the programs through scanning. These check whether any programs are functioning in a suspicious way and try to eradicate them. With the protection from harmful threats, these applications also provide various benefits that help you carry out a healthy use of computers.
If you want to know more about Webroot and the process to reinstall webroot you can call our support team at +1-888-832-1727 for instant help and support
Benefits of reinstall Webroot
- Prevents Viruses, Trojan and Malware from attacking your device like any other Antivirus.
- Decent protection from the threats over the internet
- The interface of the application is simple.
- The scanning process of Webroot is fast.
- It uses less space and has less impact on the speed of your device.
- The subscription price is low.
- Also includes features like Password Protection, Identity Theft Protection, Wi-fi Protection, etc.
How to Reinstall a Webroot Antivirus?
Many Webroot users face various issues with their applications. Issues can be due to some changes in your device. There might be a chance that you might have accidentally deleted the software, Also, there might be some error in the version of the application that you have installed. Meanwhile, in any case, you need to install the software, again. While the Installation process is simple, check whether you have completed all these processes before doing so. Here I’ll cover all the processes required before, on, and after that reinstall webroot application.
REMOVING THE APPLICATION FROM YOUR DEVICE.
To Re-install the application, you will have to properly uninstall the software. If any element of the software is remaining, then you might face trouble while doing the installation process. So, check whether you did all these. If you haven’t done any of these techniques, you will have to do so.
Important things to do before following the process
- Sit in a place where there is good internet connection. You will have to download some applications in the process
- Check whether you have saved all your work and closed the application
- Restart your computer before beginning the process.
A1. The basic process to uninstall for Windows
Step 1: Open ‘Uninstall a program.
Basically, to uninstall any application on your ‘Windows’ computer, you will have to open an option in the control panel. There are two ways to do so.
- First one is a little bit lengthy. For this you will have to search for the application in the search bar of your task bar. Just type its name and the application will appear in the result. Then, press on the ‘Open’ option. Now below the ‘Programs’ option, there is and option ‘Uninstall a program’. Select it.
- You can also do the following easily through the ‘Run’ Application. Just paste ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the search bar of the application and press ‘Enter’ on your Keyboard.
Step 2: Choose the Application to Uninstall it.
First, you will have to search for the application. You can scroll down and look for it manually or you can type ‘Webroot’ in the above search bar to search for it. Anyways, you will find the application. Double-click on it. Now, press ‘Yes’ to confirm the uninstallation. A pop-up will appear on the screen. It will contain and instructions to type the alphabet and numbers available on the screen. Do so, to confirm your uninstallation. Finally, press the ’Continue’ button, and the process will begin.
Step 3: Restart the Computer
This is an important thing to do, once the uninstallation process is completed, you need to restart your computer. This will give a fresh start to your computer after that you can easily reinstall webroot secure Anywhere.
A2. Cleaning Tools for Windows
As you know, Antivirus is very important software to protect your computer. Thus, the software is the first target for hackers. They might try to remove the software from your device. Therefore, almost all antivirus software companies have a separate tool for the removal of their software. Webroot has two such tools, which you will have to use to remove the software completely. Don’t forget to restart your computer once you have used the tool.
- Tool no.1: Clean WDF
- You will have to first download the tool from the following website: http://download.webroot.com/CleanWDF.exe
- Now, install the application by opening it through your downloads.
- If Windows ask any permission to run the application, press ‘Yes’.
- Open the application and then press the ‘Clean’ button.
- Restart your computer.
- Tool no.2: WR Upgrade
- Download the application from the given website: http://download.webroot.com/WRUpgradeTool.exe
- Install the Application by opening it. It will be available in the ‘downloads’ section of your browser.
- Press ‘Yes’, if any permission is asked by Windows.
- Open the application and press the ‘Clean’ button.
- Restart your computer.
B. Removing the Application from MAC.
- Step 1: Open the Application on the computer.
- Step 2: There will be an option on the top called ‘Webroot SecureAnywhere’. Select it.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Uninstall’ option and then press, ‘Yes’.
This is the easiest method to remove the software. You can also remove the software by selecting the ‘Finder’. Then, within the ‘Application’ folder, you will find ‘Webroot’. Drag it into the ‘Trash’ icon. For Mac, you won’t need a tool that will uninstall the application. But, in case the new application is not installing in your device and showing an error, you can use a third-party application to clean up the remaining of Webroot.
Two things are very important for reinstalling the software.
The Keycode is a 20 Digits Code that provides the user a unique identity. You may have received this while you have purchased the application.
- Email Address and Password
While joining Webroot, you may have used an email address and password. This will be needed again to install the software.
If you have both of them with you, you can continue the process by these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the following link: Register Your Product | Webroot
- Step 2: Here, type the email and keycode
- Step 3: Press ‘Next’
- Step 4: The application will be automatically downloaded in your device.
- Step 5: Now, within your File Manager, go to ‘Downloads’.
- Step 6: Right click on the application and select ‘Run as an Administrator’
- Step 7: Press ‘Yes’ to grant the permission for making changes.
- Step 8: Again, type the keycode.
- Step 9: Press ‘Agree and Install’
The process is almost the same in the Mac Operating system. There you won’t get the ‘Run as Administrator’ option. You will have to directly go to the download section and select the application to install it.
RENEW THE SUBSCRIPTION
- If you have uninstalled the software long ago and your subscription is expired, then you might need to renew the subscription.
- Just go to the following link: Geek Squad Antivirus Software Download | Webroot
- Here, beside ‘My Account’, there is an option ‘Renew/Upgrade’
- Enter your Keycode in the space and press ‘Continue’.
- There will be a form to fill your payment details and an option to choose the upgrade settings. Fill the form and upgrade if you want.
- Finally press the ‘Buy Now’ button.
Things to do after the software has successfully installed
- During the installation process, the application will scan the device. But I would recommend to scan your files manually. This will provide a better and more accurate result.
- As the application has a simple interface, you can easily check the settings. See whether you have enabled all the options required to protect your device.
- Also, check other options that you have received with the software. If you haven’t use those, do check and try taking benefits of those features. This will provide better protection for the device.
- Update the device regularly. The Software tends to give updates according to the updates in then threats. So, updating the application regularly will protect your device very well.
Finally, I would like to say that, you must never depend only on these antivirus applications. The hackers usually try to trap you with simple techniques which you can easily avoid. These can be a suspicious mail, Wi-fi network that you used somewhere or a link that you clicked. These things can be easily avoided. So, be very alert while using the device. Never open a mail or website that looks suspicious. If their program somehow entered your device, if can quickly turn your device into a waste or empty your bank account. So, always be careful.
- McAfee.com/activate Via Retail card Complete process
- office.com/setup: Microsoft Office 365 setup Complete Guide
Michael Caine is the Owner of this website and also the founder of ANO Digital (Most Powerful Online Content Creator Company),
from the USA, studied MBA in 2012, love to play games,
write content in different categories.