Credit card use in India has increased over the past few years. With more people understanding the advantages of plastic money, and an increase in the number of places where they are accepted, credit card use has skyrocketed. The best travel credit card that matches your travel requirements can earn you reward points while you travel, while extending other travel-related perks.
Significantly, it is useful having a credit card around when you travel, especially one which comes with a high credit limit and serves various purposes. One such credit card would take the form of the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. This card lets you use it not just as a credit card, but as a cash card for any spontaneous cash needs where credit cards may not be accepted.
When you travel, such a versatile payment tool is a must-have to make your trip hassle-free. Whether the credit card gives you security, convenience, or just something you use out of habit, it is a traveller’s best friend. With a gamut of benefits, a credit card is a preferred method to pay on a holiday, without you having to carry cash around. In this article, you will discover five essential benefits of using a credit card while you’re travelling.
- Security – One of the biggest reasons that prompt travellers to get a credit card is the assurance of security in finances. Cash can be very easily stolen or lost. Moreover, once gone, it cannot be replaced. Credit cards also provide protection against fraud and this is why most international retailers only accept credit cards with EMV chips. These cards automatically have an increased level of security. Several card issuers also give you liability coverage with your credit card. Credit cards are also enabled with cancellation facilities if they are stolen or misused abroad or anywhere where you travel.
- Rewards – If you get a credit card that is widely claimed to be the best credit card for travel, you stand to earn huge rewards. You may get discounts and deals at special hotels and earn air miles which you can use on your next trip. You also get access to dining offers and discounts when you book car rentals. Almost all travel credit cards — and some regular all-purpose credit cards like the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard give you some form of lounge access at airports. Depending on the card, you may get domestic or international access or both.
- Excellent Exchange Rates – Generally, credit cards give better exchange rates than cash (ATM) machines and forex stalls permit you. Some card issuers don’t charge any foreign exchange extra/processing fees while converting currency. This depends on the card you have. Some charge anywhere between 2% and 3% per transaction, so it’s good to get a credit card that charges a lower rate.
- Travel on a Budget – People usually travel on a tight budget, and one efficient way for you to control your expenses is to place a fixed limit on your card when you travel. This helps in keeping a check on your spending, as people tend to go overboard while on a holiday. You can get a credit card specifically for travel purposes, yet have your other credit cards in case of emergencies. This is also a good way to know how much of your spending is travel-related.
- Flexible Transactions – Nowadays, everything that is related to travel is done online. From booking flights and shuttles to hotel reservations and excursions abroad, everything happens almost exclusively online. Sometimes, this happens months in advance. As a consequence, having a credit card is pretty much the only way to pay for the expenses. You can also purchase trips on EMI, without having to compromise on your savings. When you pay without any limitations, this gives you the peace of mind of travel and staying exactly as you desire. Cards with high credit limits give you the additional freedom to spend while on your trip. Besides this, in case you have to book local tours online through your smartphone, you can do so with a credit card. You get flexibility and permissiveness with a credit card.
Apart from all the benefits extended by a credit card when you are on a vacation, there are other aspects that provide greater convenience. The best credit card for travel comes with insurance cover and can save you from emergencies on your trip, such as lost luggage, medical issues, cancelled flights etc. The pros of a good credit card are endless as you will discover with the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, a card with four great uses. This card serves the purpose of a cash (ATM) card, a card to purchase on EMI, a loan card and a credit card. Additionally, the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Travel Easy SuperCard provides 10% cashback on travel-related expenses when you book Ola, Uber or for fuel purchases.