Loans have been a long-standing way of getting large amounts of money for a specific purpose. Regardless of how well you are doing there is a time when obtaining a loan is necessary. It can be for different purposes such as or education, to buy and build a land or house, medical purposes and even to go abroad.
However, while getting a loan can be the answer to your immediate need it comes with a lot of responsibility as paying it back can become a daunting task. Before your loan is approved there is a criterion that the bank will need to ensure you fill. A set of determinants that tell the bank that your need for a loan is worthy and paying it back will not be an issue. Here are some of the determinants.
Your credit scores
The value of a credit score is much tougher in certain countries than in others, however wherever you are borrowing from your credit score is vital. What exactly is a credit score though? If you have credit cards, bank accounts in various banks and have always been prompt in your payments this shows that you are a reliable person to the bank. Meaning that the bank will be sure you are able to pay back your loan within the given time frame.
Your marital and employment status
Just like mentioned above your reliability is not only dependent on your credit score but also on your age, marital and employment status. If you are younger sometimes the chances of your loan being approved are low, in this case your reason for the loan along with adequate documentation to prove that you are eligible will need to be shown.
On the other hand, your employment status can be a huge justification too. Unemployed people or those who are not earning within a certain criterion will need to show additional documentation and even other forms of confirmation to ensure you are reliable. However, if you have Centrelink benefits then you are eligible for Centrelink loans. This too will have a criterion but are easier to obtain than others.
A collateral is an asset that you will have to show your bank they can have in the event you are unable to pay back your loan. This asset has to be the same of a higher value than your borrowing amount. It can be a house, vehicle or even a fixed deposit.
If you are unable to pay back your loan the bank will take ownership of the asset as a settlement. This can quite risky and therefore should be well considered beforehand. If this too does not work out the loan amount may have to be paid by the next in kin, which will have to be mentioned before the loan confirmation.
Loans are extremely useful but can be huge financial burdens when not planned for accordingly so therefore must be obtained with prior consideration.
How to Prepare for a Comfortable Retirement?
Retiring is a way to reward yourself for years of hard work and finally being able to enjoy the results. When you are of working age, retirement is rarely at the front of your mind and can easily be forgotten or neglected. However, it is an extremely important consideration for anyone who intends to stop working as they grow older. There are ways to manage your money and set yourself up in such a way that you can enjoy a comfortable and relaxing retirement after work. Here are a few examples to help you get started.
Imagine Your Ideal Retirement Scenario
Not everyone has the same idea of the perfect retirement scenario. Some people love their job and want to continue working for as long as they possibly can, whereas other people are hoping to work out a way of retiring early, so they can make the most out of their life. To help you start your retirement plans, it’s best to work backward from your ideal situation. What do you want your retirement to be like, and how will your current actions and decisions help to lead you to where you want to be?
Check Your Finances
Once you have something of an idea about your dream retirement, have a close look at your financial situation to see whether or not your goal is too ambitious. For example, if you want to retire before a certain date, you will need to make sure that your income and spending allow for this as a possibility; otherwise, you will need to adjust your retirement goals.
Listen to Professionals
It isn’t always easy trying to manage your own finances. Perhaps you want to arrange your accounts so that it is clear what your intentions are for it after you have passed. Instead of attempting to do this all by yourself, look for a wealth management firm that can assist you with the important details. Professional help will keep you on the right track, whatever your financial goals might be.
If you have a picture of your ideal retirement in mind but your current situation doesn’t allow for it, work out how you can better align your income and spending to lead toward your goals. For example, should you be taking better advantage of investment opportunities or different banking rates? Are you setting yourself up for the future you want, or are there still some changes you must make before you get there?
Think About Your Loved Ones
While it’s fine to have an ideal retirement plan in mind, life has a way of throwing curveballs. It is important that when you think about your future, you also take into consideration the needs of your loved ones. Do you have anyone who relies on you financially and, if so, what will they do once you have stopped working? Make sure that your plans to retire line up with keeping your family safe and healthy.
Major Factors that Affect your Home Loan Interest Rates
A home loan is perhaps the most sought after credit option. The lending terms like interest rate, EMIs, etc., determine the financial health of borrowers in the long run. Even a slight change in home loan interest rate brings a considerable difference in the cost of borrowing.
Lenders consider numerous factors while charging home loan interest rate; being aware of the following factors will help borrowers get the most out of the financing option. In addition, recognising these factors will help them secure an affordable lending rate and ease the repayment burden.
Major factors that affect your home loan interest rates
Here are the factors that affect home loan interest rates:
- Credit score: Credit score is a significant determinant of home loan interest rate. It determines the creditworthiness of an individual and is the measure of risk for the lender. An individual with a subpar CIBIL score is considered a high-risk borrower and is charged higher interest rates. An ideal CIBIL score of 750 and above will help one get a lower home loan interest rate and make the home loan process affordable.
- MCLR rates: Home loan interest rate varies depending on the changes in MCLR rate. It is a benchmark lending rate decided by the Reserve Bank of India that a financial institution can lend at. MCLR rate is reviewed annually, influencing the interest rate for home loan borrowers.
- Location of the property: Property’s location determines the applicable home loan rates. Houses in a good locality with pristine conditions and proper amenities have high resale value than one with poor connectivity and inadequate amenities. Hence, borrowers get a lower interest rate on properties with good resale value, and for old property in a less desired neighbourhood, they are charged a higher interest rate.
- Home loan interest type: Financial institutions offer two types of interest rates: fixed and floating. Fixed interest rate remains unchanged throughout the loan tenor, whereas floating interest rate fluctuates depending on RBI’s decision and change in base rates. Floating rates are generally lower than a fixed interest rates. Therefore borrowers must know how to choose between floating and fixed interest rates.
Borrowers who prefer certainty opt for fixed interest rate; on the other hand, floating rates lets borrowers reap the benefits of a reduction in the base rate. In this regard, borrowers can use an online home loan interest calculator to decide which type of interest to opt for.
- Loan tenor: Most lenders offer extended loan tenor as per borrower’s repayment capability. Longer repayment tenor reduces EMI amounts; however, interest outgo increases. So it is recommended to choose a shorter loan tenor as it attracts a lower interest rate.
Intending borrowers can use a housing loan EMI calculator to evaluate the EMI pay-outs and accordingly settle for a loan tenor.
- Income stability: Individuals with a stable source of income are offered lower interest rates. Lenders are likely to provide lower interest rates to salaried individuals, government employees than self-employed individuals. However, self-employed individuals like doctors and chartered accountants are considered less risky borrowers.
- Loan quantum: Loan principal determines the loan affordability. Borrowers can secure a nominal home loan interest rate by paying a sizable amount of property’s value as a down payment.
Furthermore, borrowers can opt for a home loan balance transfer facility by which borrowers can shift their outstanding loan amount to a new lender offering a lower interest rate. This facility proves ideal if borrowers are paying a higher interest rate to their current lender.
In this respect, borrowers must keep track of certain things while doing a home loan balance transfer. It will help borrowers make an informed decision.
Another factor that affects the home loan interest rate is the pre-approved offers extended by leading financial companies on financial products like home loans, loans against property, etc. These offers expedite the loan application process and reduce the cost of borrowing. Intending borrowers can check their pre-approved offers by entering their names and contact details.
On the whole, availing of a home loan is a massive financial decision; therefore, lending terms like home loan interest rate, loan tenor, EMI amounts determine how financially comfortable or burdened a borrower will be throughout the repayment tenor.
Essential Benefits of Using Credit Cards while Travelling
Credit card use in India has increased over the past few years. With more people understanding the advantages of plastic money, and an increase in the number of places where they are accepted, credit card use has skyrocketed. The best travel credit card that matches your travel requirements can earn you reward points while you travel, while extending other travel-related perks. Read special guide about macd histogram to stay successful in online business.
Significantly, it is useful having a credit card around when you travel, especially one which comes with a high credit limit and serves various purposes. One such credit card would take the form of the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. This card lets you use it not just as a credit card, but as a cash card for any spontaneous cash needs where credit cards may not be accepted.
When you travel, such a versatile payment tool is a must-have to make your trip hassle-free. Whether the credit card gives you security, convenience, or just something you use out of habit, it is a traveller’s best friend. With a gamut of benefits, a credit card is a preferred method to pay on a holiday, without you having to carry cash around. In this article, you will discover five essential benefits of using a credit card while you’re travelling.
- Security – One of the biggest reasons that prompt travellers to get a credit card is the assurance of security in finances. Cash can be very easily stolen or lost. Moreover, once gone, it cannot be replaced. Credit cards also provide protection against fraud and this is why most international retailers only accept credit cards with EMV chips. These cards automatically have an increased level of security. Several card issuers also give you liability coverage with your credit card. Credit cards are also enabled with cancellation facilities if they are stolen or misused abroad or anywhere where you travel.
- Rewards – If you get a credit card that is widely claimed to be the best credit card for travel, you stand to earn huge rewards. You may get discounts and deals at special hotels and earn air miles which you can use on your next trip. You also get access to dining offers and discounts when you book car rentals. Almost all travel credit cards — and some regular all-purpose credit cards like the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard give you some form of lounge access at airports. Depending on the card, you may get domestic or international access or both.
- Excellent Exchange Rates – Generally, credit cards give better exchange rates than cash (ATM) machines and forex stalls permit you. Some card issuers don’t charge any foreign exchange extra/processing fees while converting currency. This depends on the card you have. Some charge anywhere between 2% and 3% per transaction, so it’s good to get a credit card that charges a lower rate.
- Travel on a Budget – People usually travel on a tight budget, and one efficient way for you to control your expenses is to place a fixed limit on your card when you travel. This helps in keeping a check on your spending, as people tend to go overboard while on a holiday. You can get a credit card specifically for travel purposes, yet have your other credit cards in case of emergencies. This is also a good way to know how much of your spending is travel-related.
- Flexible Transactions – Nowadays, everything that is related to travel is done online. From booking flights and shuttles to hotel reservations and excursions abroad, everything happens almost exclusively online. Sometimes, this happens months in advance. As a consequence, having a credit card is pretty much the only way to pay for the expenses. You can also purchase trips on EMI, without having to compromise on your savings. When you pay without any limitations, this gives you the peace of mind of travel and staying exactly as you desire. Cards with high credit limits give you the additional freedom to spend while on your trip. Besides this, in case you have to book local tours online through your smartphone, you can do so with a credit card. You get flexibility and permissiveness with a credit card.
Apart from all the benefits extended by a credit card when you are on a vacation, there are other aspects that provide greater convenience. The best credit card for travel comes with insurance cover and can save you from emergencies on your trip, such as lost luggage, medical issues, cancelled flights etc. The pros of a good credit card are endless as you will discover with the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, a card with four great uses. This card serves the purpose of a cash (ATM) card, a card to purchase on EMI, a loan card and a credit card. Additionally, the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Travel Easy SuperCard provides 10% cashback on travel-related expenses when you book Ola, Uber or for fuel purchases.
Online Tools & Services1 year ago
Why You Need to Avoid Responsive Web Design
Software Tools1 year ago
office.com/setup: Microsoft Office 365 setup Complete Guide
Gifts11 months ago
How to choose a perfect gift for your partner?
Editing Tools2 years ago
10 Best Online Video Converters for Everyone – Editing Tools
Editing Tools2 years ago
18 Online Video Editing Tools for Free in 2021 – Editing Tools
Technology1 year ago
Rapidgator premium link generator 1gb
Editing Tools2 years ago
10 Best Online Video Compressors of all Time – Editing Tools
Software Tools1 year ago
How to reinstall Webroot Antivirus Step-by-Step Guide